Sunday 8 March 2015

Febuary Favourites :)


Hey everyone, its that time of the month again, (no not that) for my monthly favourites. Yeah yeah I know its like the 8th of March, but better late than never! Anyway lets get started!



First up is face products. Most of these products are fairly new but have taken over my life. 

For a moisturer I've been loving this Jose Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil, thats a mouth full! It works wonders for extremely dry skin, which my skin is during the winter and spring. You only need a little amount for your face as I found it a bit oily, but its a wonderful product.

For face primer I'm currently using the Too Faced Hangover Primer. This primer is probably one the best I've tried and I've tried many, many primers in the past. Its silicon free, infused with coconut water, probiotics and skin revivers which gives the skin a fresher and flawless look. I'm all for silicon free primers because silicon breaks me out like theres no tomorrow. 

For my foundation and concealar I'm using the Mac Face and Body in N1 and the Mac Pro long wear in NW15. The Mac Face and Body is a new one for me but I'm loving it so far. Its light wearing and builds up to a medium coverage. I use the Mac Pro Long Wear just under my eyes for a brightening effect and to bring a little life back to my face.





L-R Harmony Blush, Exposed Blush and Soft and Gentle Highlighter.


On to powders, highlighters and blushes.
My all time favourite powder to set my makeup with is the Mac Natural Skin Finish in Light Plus. I've been using this powder for years and it will never be replaced. It gives such a natural glow to the face and sets my makeup beautifully. It also lasts all day long, which is great because I'm usually too busy to re-touch. 

My favourite blush right now is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. Its perfect for pale skin girls as it gives a natural flush to the cheeks without it looking too overbearing. 

For contouring I use the Mac blush in Harmony. Its my favourite contour colour and again its perfect for paler girls. It has an ashy undertone which is perfect as a contour because the last thing you need is a reddy undertone contour which just looks horrible. I've been using this blush as a contour for years and years and I'm trying to branch out to other contours right now.

I'm new to the highlighter game but I've already built up a collection. I'm really liking the Mac Highlighter in Soft and Gentle at the moment. It gives such a beautiful champagne glow, which I'm loving at the moment. If ye have any other highlighter recommendations send them my way!








On to eyes now. My current eyeshadow love is my Lorac Pro Palette. It is just unbelievable!
Here are a few of my favourite colours, they are not in order though, Expresso, Garnet, Deep Purple, Mauve, Sable and Pewter. The shadows are so buttery and so creamy and the blend like a dream. Pick one of these up on amazon if you can!




For bottom liner I've been really drawn to purples lately. This is the Urban Decay 24 Glide On Eyeliner in Voodoo. Its such an awesome colour for a bottom liner. Its so vibrant purple. Its perfect for spring time I think.





As for mascara Iam in absolute love with the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. In my opinion its the best mascara on the market right now, it difinitely beats the Benefit They're Real Mascara, but only in my opinion. It gives such lift and volume to the eyelashes and also gives amazing lenght. I love it because I have very short eyelashes and this does wonders for my eyelashes. Hands down best product of 2015 for me.

For my brows I use the Benefit Gimme Brow, brow gel. Now I do use powders too but for everyday I like to used this for a naturally full brow. 





For my lips this Febuary I'm loving the Too Faced Melted Nude and the YSL Volupte Rouge in no 15. This YSL lipstick is the perfect colour for spring time, plus peach is one of my favourite colours.






Last but not least is my new Kikki K Time Planner in Lilac. I'm in love with this and it helps me be organized, for once in my life! I adore the colour and the little gold diamonds. I will be doing a separate blog post next week on this baby, so look out for that!


Hope you enjoyed this post.


Happy International Women's Day to all the fabulous women out there!


Maggie xox






No comments:

Post a Comment